Plasma Therapy in Ganjam from Tomorrow : Rs.25 Crore for Ganjam from CMRF
CM Makes Important Announcement to Strengthen Covid Strategy in Ganjam and State
Bhubaneswar : Chief Minister Shri Naveen Patnaik has made a number of announcements today in a review meeting on Covid war to redraw and re-strengthen Covid strategy in Ganjam and the entire states. As per the CM’s announcements
• Plasma Therapy in Ganjam District to start from tomorrow at Tata Covid Hospital, Sitalapalli.
• A dedicated 100-bedded (including 16-bed ICU) Covid Hospital will be set up at Amit Hospital, Berhampur. It will be operated by Ashwini Hospital, Cuttack. An MoU between Ganjam district administration and Cuttack Aswini Hospital has been signed for this initiative.
• To strengthen the manpower in Ganjam, the following officials have been deployed. 2 IAS officers as ADMs, 25 OAS Officers, 105 ORS officers, 30 MBBS Doctors, 100 Ayush Doctors, 27 Lab Technicians. In addition to this officers of various levels including 3 DSPs and 10 platoon Police force will be sent.
• Rs 25 crores to Ganjam district from Chief Ministers Relief Fund
• The Ambulance service in Ganjam will be further streamlined to ensure timely response to the patients. The District Collector has been empowered to deploy as many as 100 Ambulances as per the requirement.
• Special Focus on Mental health counselling during the Covid period. Professionals will be involved for the same.
• Doctors, paramedics and Class IV staff working in Covid Hospitals/ Covid Health Centre/ Covid Care Centre to get incentives @ Rs 1000, Rs 500 and Rs 200 respectively per day for the number of days they are serving Covid positive patients.
• ASHA workers engaged in Door to Door survey and special surveys to get Rs 1000 per month as incentive from July to October 2020 for the surveys.
• Anganwadi Workers engaged in Door to Door and special surveys to get Rs 1000 per month during the period engaged for surveys.
The Chief Minister thanked the Ganjam District Administration for timely initiatives on Covid management. He advised to continue to serve with this dedication.
Speaker Shri Surya Narayan Patra, Forest & Environment Minister Shri Bikaram Keshari Arukh and Health Minister Shri Naba Das also attended through Video Conferencing. Speaker Shri Patra advised to focus more on urban and semi-urban areas. Minister Shri Arukh advised to make arrangements for Home Isolation in rural areas wherever possible.
At the outset Ganjam Collector informed on the steps taken by the district administration for Covid management. Among other, Chief Secretary, Chief Advisor to CMO, Police DG, Development Commissioner, ACS Health, ACS-cum-SRC and other senior officers attended.